Jericho Road Community Health Center’s (JRCHC) Research Evaluation Committee (REC) works with patients, community members, staff, and partners to improve health equity and promote representation in research for the populations that we serve.
Priority Research Areas
- Translational and/or QI initiatives, intended to be sustainable and replicable in a primary care health service delivery model
- Evaluation of evidence-based practice implementation into routine clinical care
- Community-focused, patient-centered research that seeks to engage participants as partners
- Research that builds JRCHC capacity to meet our mission and enhances our core offered services
Research that is typically not aligned with JRCHC’s priorities includes:
- Clinical Trials
- Randomized Controlled Trials
- Pharmaceutical run projects
We invite interested researchers who feel their project aligns with our priorities to submit an application to our Research Evaluation Committee (REC). JRCHC’s REC meets once per month to review applications. Expedited review may be made available on a case-by-case basis.
Email REC@jrchc.org to organize a preliminary conversation.
Other important items to note regarding research at JRCHC:
- All researchers are required to submit any presentation or publication for review by an assigned JRCHC staff member, and include a JRCHC staff member as an author.
- All projects are required to have a dissemination plan that includes sharing results of the study with JRCHC stakeholders.
- All studies must have an IRB of record, documentation of approval or waiver from the IRB must be provided to JRCHC for the project to be approved and to begin implementation.
Recommended process for interested applicants:
- Review research priority areas
- Review REC application
- Submit application to Research Team
- Upon receipt of application, the research team will send feedback and schedule a formal presentation to our Research Evaluation Committee
- After formal presentation, additional questions or a decision will be communicated within 3 weeks