Jericho Road Community Health Center’s Paid Summer Internship Program is an opportunity for high school students to explore careers in medicine. Join one of our cohorts in an eight-week program of interactive learning in a dynamic environment.
No medical background is needed! Applicants must have a sincere interest and commitment to the program and a strong desire to explore the medical field.
2023 Internship Dates
July 5 through August 18, 2023, Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.
May 19, 2023
In order to apply, students must:
– Reside in zip codes 14203, 14211, 14212, 14213, or 14215
– Be entering grade 10, 11, or 12 in Fall 2023
About the Program
Our unique program incorporates active participation in a wide range of learning experiences including:
- Admissions planning and academic advising: Get tips and guidance on how to prepare for your education and career in the medical field.
- Career discovery: Learn about the diverse job opportunities in a clinical setting.
- Shadowing: Work directly with nurse practitioners, physician assistants, certified diabetes educators, pharmacists, behavioral health providers, and medical doctors to understand their professions in practical clinical settings.
- Building Tours: Explore our internationally recognized community of healing, learning, and holistic care.
- Meet Us: Network with real-world practitioners, medical teams, and current resident physicians.
- Activities and live demos: Observe skills and obtain wisdom and knowledge from internal and external partners.
- Peer connections: Enjoy fun activities with other students who are interested in pursuing careers in medicine.
Interns will be paid $14.20 per hour on a biweekly basis.
Applications will be accepted through April 28, 2023. Only completed applications will be considered. If your application is selected for review, you will be contacted via the information you have provided to schedule an interview. Please make sure your contact information is current and accurate.